ECS (Empathy Counselling Service) will only collect, process and store information we have openly collected from you or with your consent, in accordance with data protection laws. Your details will be held only by ECS and will not be made available to any third party, except where otherwise stated.
If you send information to ECS via email, please be aware that that Empathy ECS cannot guarantee its security during transit. Once received, email information will be stored according to data protection law.
‘Cookie’ is a name for a small file, usually of letters and numbers, which are download onto your device, like your computer, mobile phone or table when you visit a website.
They let websites recognise your device, so that the sites can work, or work better and also gathers information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can’t be used to identify you.
The cookies we use
We use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide (PDF 290kb).
We use all four categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its features, like our shopping basket and your account.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our site, like which pages are visited most. No information that identifies you is kept.
- Functionality cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience, like your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. They are anonymous.
- Targeting or advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
No cookies, please
You can opt out of all our cookies (except the strictly necessary ones). Find out how to control and delete cookies in your browser.
But, if you choose to refuse all cookies you may not be able to use our website properly.
You can also opt-out of Add this tracking, although we think it improves your web experience.
Terms and conditions
Access to and use of the Empathy Counselling Service website is provided by ECS (Empathy Counselling Service) subject to the following Terms and conditions:
1. By using the ECS website you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Mind website.
2. ECS may change these Terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms and conditions regularly. Use of the ECS site after changes to the Terms and conditions are posted means you agree to be legally bound by the updated Terms and conditions.
Cancellations received are liable for the full registration fee. Substitutions can be made at any time without charge. In the event of circumstances beyond its control, Mind reserves the right to amend or cancel any conference. Mind is not liable for any expense incurred by delegates as a result of cancellation. Please note that by submitting this form you are entering into a contract with Mind to pay according to our terms above.
All rights reserved. All materials are copyright © ECS (Empathy Counselling Service). The ECS name, logo and strapline are trademarks of ECS.
ECS endeavours to ensure the content of this website is accurate and up to date but does not accept any liability for error or omission.
ECS is not a medical organisation and provides information rather than advice. Mind does not accept liability for any inconvenience, loss or damage arising from the use or inability to use any of the information on this website.
ECS takes no responsibility for the content of external websites and any such links should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind.
The Information Standard quality mark
Our mental health information has been certified as trustworthy and reliable by the Information Standard.
Note: ECS shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the scheme operator nor the scheme owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of ECS.
Alteration of service or amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions of Purchase at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions of Purchase in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Contracts are concluded in English and are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven working days. Any notice of cancellation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Invoices (organisations only) are payable within 30 days from date of invoice.
2. Any complaints must be reported within 10 working days of receipt of invoice.